Intentional health means you need to be actively taking part in your journey towards better health. We encourage you to ask questions on any health-related topic. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative to your visits (or listen on telemedicine visits) if such companionship is comfortable for you. Information revealed during health care sessions and office visits is confidential. Exceptions to this confidentiality include disclosure by you regarding intention to harm yourself or others. Your record and the information contained within it will not be disclosed to others unless you direct us to do so or unless the law authorizes or compels us to do so.
- Each procedure and/or treatment carries with it both benefits and risks. There may be additional or alternative treatments available. You are encouraged to ask questions if you would like additional information. Although your plan will be thoroughly researched and will be customized to your unique health status and your personal goals, no guarantees can be assured regarding the outcomes of treatment(s) or procedure(s).
- Payments & Fees. We require pre-payment for new patients. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Amex.
New Patient Appointment
60 minutes: $590. Dr. Petro reviews your information several times prior to meeting with you to make the most effective time management during your consultation session.
30 minutes: $295
30 minutes: $295
15 min: $125
Since the appointments are much longer than standard office visits, cancellations are significant interruptions to the Office. Thus, a minimum of 7 days’ notice is required for cancellations of new patient visits and 3 days’ notice for existing patients. Prepayment is required for new patients, which will be refunded only if the appointment is cancelled with 7 days’ notice unless there is an emergency (documentation required). There will be a 100% office visit charge for “no-shows” or late cancellations. We also require that all new patients complete and return their new patient paperwork no later than 7 days prior to your appointment. If the new patient paperwork is not received, we will reschedule the appointment and cancellation fees will be applied. All office visits and virtual appointments will be ended 5 minutes before then end of the session for entry of final notes. 30-minute appointments have a 25-minute patient interaction. 60-minute appointments will have a 55-minute patient interaction.
- Supplements: Most all supplements are ordered by patients through centralized distribution facilities. A prescription will be transmitted electronically following your appointment. You are expected to order within 24 hours of your appointment for continuity of care for both initial and changes in treatment. This allows patients to keep on their recommended plan without disruption.
- Specialty Laboratory Testing: As a hallmark of functional Medicine we use functional lab testing. These are out-of-pocket expense. Either our office or the lab will send you documentation that you can send to your insurance company if you choose. All labs will be invoiced and paid prior to shipping from the lab or our office. Any unused test will incur a $25 restocking fee
- Virtual Care – education: We see patients/clients from many areas of the globe. Depending on the statutes of where the person lives telemedicine does not always define a doctor/patient relationship. In order to establish a doctor/patient relationship with us, you must see us in our office in person at least once per year. If you do not see us in our office in person at least once each year, we consider this not be a doctor/patient relationship. Instead, our communications with you will be for educational purposes only. We call these communications “Virtual Care-education services”. These services we provide to you will consist of information and suggestions that are intended to assist you and your health care provider in using natural means to support your health. Virtual Care-education services are not intended to serve as a medical diagnosis or treatment of any kind. Our fees for virtual care-education services are the same as the fees that we charge for our telephone consultations and office visits. Please note that medical insurance does not cover virtual care-education services. You will be responsible for paying for all virtual care-education services yourself. We do not refund any amounts paid for virtual care -education services.
- We often use encrypted messaging within your Electronic Health Record (EHR) portal for patient communication that includes protected health information. If you prefer to OPT OUT from receiving encrypted emails from us, email the words “opt out” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you OPT OUT, we will send you protected health information in emails that are NOT ENCRYPTED.
- Emergencies, after-hours care, disability requests: You must have a primary care doctor with whom you can consult in the event of an emergency or urgent problem. If you have a serious health problem that requires immediate attention, call your other doctors(s), call 911, or have someone take you to the nearest hospital emergency room. If you notice an adverse effect from one of the components of your health plan, you should discontinue it immediately and email Dr. Petro (email@example.com) or call the office 406-998-1433. Please note that because we are not primary providers, we do not complete disability or workers’ compensation forms for patients.
- Billing: Prepayment is required for all labs and services. Were here to focus on people not their insurance. We accept checks, credit cards, FSA and HSA cards. We do not accept insurance, nor do we bill insurance or prepare HCFA forms for you. However, we will furnish you with an itemized super-bill for self-submission. For our Medicare patients: Since we do not accept Medicare, all services, including labs and mail away specialty lab tests, are self-pay. You will not be able to submit to Medicare for reimbursement from either outside labs or encounters from our office.
100 E Second Street Suite 223
Whitefish, Montana 59937
Mountain Standard Time
Monday 8:15 – 4:00 pm
Tuesday 8:15 – 4:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 – 6:00pm
Thursday 8:15 – 4:00pm
We are flexible to patients in other time zones.
What does your FHI mean?
Health Conditions Treated
Meet Dr. Gary